Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Recipe Review: Crunchy Garlic Chicken from Betty Crocker

I tried a new recipe last week: Crunchy Garlic Chicken, found in my red Betty Crocker recipe book. Since it's in copyright, I won't reproduce the recipe here, but you can go directly to the source to get it (http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?recipeID=9334).

My recipe substitutions: basil for the chives/parsley (basil is stronger, I think, so use less); bread crumbs for the cereal; canola oil for the butter (just the amount drizzled over the dish before baking; used margarine for the 2 Tbsp in the liquid mixture).

Served with: baked potatoes and asparagus.

Evaluation: My version was probably less crunchy and more Italian-esque than the recipe in the cookbook, but we liked it. I ended up with leftovers that I used to make a version of Chicken Parmesan the next night (seared leftover chicken in the pan; removed chicken and began heating spaghetti sauce; added chicken once sauce was warmed; covered and simmered for about 10 minutes, just until chicken was heated through; added some mozzarella cheese over the chicken during the last few minutes and served with spaghetti noodles).

Bottom line: I would make this again, and be sure to have leftovers (the Chicken Parm was equally yummy).

No comments:

Post a Comment